I’ve been shopping for my little girl’s birthday and Christmas presents recently. (She was born right after Christmas. I was timing contractions on Christmas day last year but gave the babe a break and held her in a few days. Had to get a pretzel from the mall first…)
Anyways, the baby doll market is new to me. I mean, I LOVE dolls and always have. But this is my first time purchasing a doll as a parent, which is totally thrilling. But MAN was I surprised to find that it was really hard to find a doll that wasn’t weird looking, CREEPY lifelife, lifelike monkey baby what?, or otherwise not acceptable (belly shirt??). I couldn’t even find a good list of not-creepy baby dolls, so I decided to make one. Here are 10 cute and sweet little baby dolls for your baby to love.
1. Lil’ Cutesies - I love how our of proportion their eyes are. The ones with hair are my favorites. And the chub! Oh my gosh, the chub is cute.
2. Corolle - Soft body and sweet plastic head and arms. A classic babydoll, I love this baby boy one!
3. Mooshka Tots Doll – Deava - These are perfectly quirky and so sweet. They are a soft doll that I spotted at Target the other day. The one with pink hair is my favorite.
4. Little Mommy - These dolls are the perfect size for a baby girl.
5. Target Circo Feed & Sleep- Leave it to Target to make a cute and sweet doll. They have a bunch of different dolls, boys and girls with different play sets.
6. Cabbage Patch Kids - These are the essence of my childhood! They are very unrealistic looking, which is what I love. And you can’t pass up their adorable birth certificates and names.
7. Baby Alive - These are a little cartoony but I love the all-plastic body and hair.
8. Melissa & Doug Jenna - Pink and classic, although this one is a thumb sucker so I guess it depends on how you feel about that! Controversial baby doll parenting, hah!
9. Kidoozie - Nothing really special about these dolls, but they are relatively inexpensive.
10. Ikea LEKKAMRAT doll- These are soft and big, like pillows. Not a classic doll, but I love that they have some boys and different ethnicities.
I’m sure I missed some good ones…what is your favorite baby doll? I grew up in Cabbage Patch Mania (thank you nineties!) so I am partial to CPK! But the new Mooshka dolls are so so fun!