I know that the holidays are over but it’s always a good time to be thinking about how to wrap a gift. It’s one of my favorite things to do. I got a cute cute(double cute) little gift bag at the store on mega-after-Christmas-clearance and it inspired me to figure out how to make them even smaller. These little bags are about 2.5″ wide and 3″ tall. Everything is cuter in a smaller version. I drew a template so I can make hundreds more. And made it available for you so you can make hundreds too. Download it here.
something to score paper with (bone folder or pencil)
12″ of ribbon for the handles
double stick tape
little piece of a cereal box, cut to 1 1/4″ by 2 1/4″
let’s make some teeny tiny bags:
1. Print out the template.
2. Stick a piece of double stick tape to the back of the template and stick in on the paper you are using. I recommend a sturdy scrapbook paper. Cut out the template and score the fold lines with a bone folder or pencil.
3. Fold along all the lines you just scored.
4. Fold over the top of the bag and stick down with double stick tape.
5. Fold over outer flap and cover with tape. Stick it down to the other side of the bag on the inside.
6. On the bottom, fold down the sides. The diagonal score lines will help make this easy.
7. Fold over the other two flaps and secure with double stick tape.
8. Cut out a piece of cardboard in a rectangle 1 1/4″ by 2 1/4″. Stick it to the inside bottom of the bag. (A cereal box works great!)
10. Using 6″ of ribbon, tie a knot and feed it through one hole. Feed back through the other hole and tie another knot. Repeat on the other side.
Stuff it with vintage buttons and give it to a crafty friend? Party favors? A photoshoot?
What would you use them for?