Written by Vivian of Vivileen
My little man is teething and constantly covered in slobber. I hate putting him in a bib every day because they cover up his cute clothes. Instead of putting him in a bib that covered his clothes I decided to make some drool bibs that were part of his outfit. These bandana bibs are really cute and great for soaking up teething baby drool!
Bandana Bib Tutorial
-two 12 by 12 in squares of fabric (at least one of the fabrics should be absorbent, like flannel or terrycloth)
-snaps or sew on velcro, I recommend the Kam Snap Placer (KAM snap tutorial here)
1. Cut two pieces from fabric, one for the outside and one for the lining.
2. Place fabric right sides together and pin.
3. Sew around the edge with a 1/4th inch seam allowance. Create a curve when sewing the top corners. This will make the bib look nicer when it’s turned out. Leave a 2-3 inch opening for turning the bib.
4. Turn the bib right side out.
5. Iron the bib.
6. Top stitch around the bib with a 1/8th inch seam allowance.
7. Add the snaps or velcro and put the bib on your drooling baby!
Add some fringe to your bibs in this post!
Quiet sweet! Will give it a try soon :-)
Thank you for this! Just made 6 of these for my friend’s baby :-)
Your baby’s teeth… The same as my little girl. So tinnie winnie and uneven.. Just adorable. ^_^ And yeah, she’s drooling all the time too. So will definitely be making this bandana bib..
So cute and easy too! Thank you so much for this simple tutorial! I can’t wait to try it! I have a drooling baby that could really use one or two or ten of these!
The Mama Gazette
Great! my 6 month “Drool machine” needs 3 or more bibs at day. The tutorial is super easy even if you have not too much experience with sewing. Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks this is terrific!!
that is a wonderful idea!
Thanks for sharing. My daughter has just “returned” all her baby’s flannel wraps to me – now baby’s starting to drool – perfect lining for some bandanas!
I love this. Just got myself a brother SE400, will get to work tonight when i get home!! stylish and lovely
Nice, have fun!