This post includes a free bib pattern download and instructions for making adorable bias tape trimmed bibs! Bibs are so fun to make and there are so many things you can do with them. I think they make excellent baby shower gifts, too.
Bias Tape Bibs Materials
- 1/4 yard main fabric
- 1/4 yard lining fabric
- 1/4 yard interfacing
- 1 package 1/2″ double fold bias tape
Free Bib Pattern Download
Baby Bib Instructions
Baste all the way around the bib to hold the layers together.
Then pin another piece in the neckline, with 5-8″ hanging off each top.
Sew this piece of binding on, including stitching up the open edge of the binding that is hanging off the top.
Baby Bib Sewing Tips
- To make this easier, try using the adjustable binding foot!
- Use a contrasting thread for another pop of color!
- Raid your scrap pile for some fun combinations.
- Use flannel on the back (or front) for extra absorbency and softness.