Hi everyone! I was so excited when Kate asked me to be a part of this series, I immediately agreed to contribute. Then I thought, “What in the world will I share?” It seems that ruffles are everywhere! I didn’t know if I could come up with something completely new and original, so I decided to give you an old favorite ruffle project that could be used three different ways!
You will need:
- two strips of fabric, 28″x1″
- four fabric circles, 2 1/2″ in diameter
- one fabric rectangle, 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″
- coordinating thread
5. Take your ruffle and pin it once around the circle, starting with the outside edge. Stop pinning when you get back to the start. Start to sew the ruffle around the edge of the circle. When you complete the circle continue to sew the ruffle along the inside of the first circle, coiling towards the center. Continue to sew towards the middle until just a little bit of the base circle is left showing. Back stitch to complete. Set the flower aside.
6. Now take the two circles that are remaining and sew them together, just like the first two.
8. Use a hot glue gun to attach this circle to the back of the ruffled flower.