The main feature of this dress is an intricately built chyrsanthmum in blush pink. Each petal was constructed, faced and placed individually for a boutique feel. The dress sat on the floor for days while I figured out how to attach the petals so that they would stay but also keep their bloomy dimension. In the end I stitched down the short side of the petal and handstitched the tops of each petal back.
I changed a lot from the original June bug pattern, combining the bodice and skirt for the most part with an assemetric placket from the original design. I redesigned the sleeves, turned them upside down and and self-faced them for a modern clean cut design and added a matching stand-up ruffle collar. This dress is fully lined with muslin. I added one gore on the left side to continue the assymetric line and add a structured and modern feel. I kept one side of the original junebug placket and added more workable buttons. I wanted to keep the main feature of the junebug dress (the cute buttons) but change it up a little bit!
See you tomorrow for my boy outfit reveal! I can’t wait!