Painted Wood Necklace Tutorial
cable chain- 34″
8 1/2″ wood beads
4 jump rings
tape (if you want strait lines on your painted beads)
1. Paint your beads! To paint mine I used the end of a paint brush to polka-dot some of the beads. I taped off half of the rest of my beads and painted the exposed wood a solid color. Be creative! The possibilities are endless.
2. Cut your chain. You will need one 24″ chain and one 10″ chain
2. Add a jump ring to one end of the 24″ chain.
3. String 3 beads onto the the chain.
4. Add a jump ring and lobster clasp to the other end of the chain.
5. Add a jump ring to one end of the 10″ chain and string on 5 wooden beads. Then add a jump ring to the other end of the chain.
6. Line up you chains so the beads are centered on each one. Using the jump rings connect the 10″ chain to the 24″ chain on both sides. I attached my 10″ chain about 4″ up from the bottom of the 24″ chain.