I shared this post a few years ago but it seemed to be lost! So here it is again! These little bunny softies are the cutest little things to poke out of an Easter basket! And there’s a free bunny softie pattern included in this post! While you’re at it, check out these bunny baskets with floppy ears!
Easter is coming up fast this year! But what is Easter without cute little critters?! I think I love the stuffed bunnies and chicks the most this time of year. And of course Mini Cadbury eggs…
So today I am sharing a free bunny pattern that I used to make these two little bunnies for my kids. One has floppy ears and the second has wire in the ears so the stick straight up! The floppy eared one is the easier to make, but I think it is fun to have pose-able ears!
These are the perfect addition to any Easter basket! And they are super easy to make!
I used faux fur on the back with a linen front. You can use any fabrics really, plush fabrics work nice for a soft back.
Free Stuffed Bunny Pattern///
-1/2 yard linen or cotton for front
-1/2 yard faux fur for back
-1/2 yard interfacing
-black yarn and yarn needle
-(optional) jewelry wire for ears
–Stuffed Bunny Pattern
1. Print out the free pattern and tape together like so:
There will be about 1/2″ to trim on the edges of the paper.
Use 1/4″ seam allowance.
2. Cut out 1 main piece and 2 ear pieces from front fabric.
3. Cut out 1 main piece and 2 ear pieces from backing fabric.
4. Cut out 1 main piece and 2 ear pieces from interfacing.
5. Fuse interfacing to back of front pieces.
6. Sew ears together with right sides together. Clip tips of ears.
7. Turn ears right side out and press lightly (if you are using faux fur, be careful not to melt it!)
8. Bend wire and stick it inside the ear. The wire ends should stick out about 1/2″-1″ after the bottom of the ear.
9. Use yarn and yarn needle to create the bunny face on the front fabric piece.
10. Pin bottom of ears to the top of the bunny’s head with right sides together. Wire will still be sticking out. Baste, being careful to not hit the wire with your needle.
11. Put backing on top of bunny front. Right sides will be together. Sew around the bunny, leaving a small opening at the bottom. Clip corners
12. Turn bunny, stuff and sew the bottom closed by hand.
Free Stuffed Bunny Toy Pattern