I love making all sizes of quilts but I often forget the right size for the quilt I need. So I created this printable standard quilt sizes chart that also includes a range for quilts from baby to king size!
Want to learn quilting basics? Sign up for my video course, Learn to Quilt! The course is full of tricks for perfect points and straight squares, giving you a solid foundation as you begin your quilting journey!
These printables are pretty enough to put on your sewing room wall for quick reference!
You can make your quilts however big or small you want, but these quilt measurements are handy when you are sewing for a specific purpose, such as for a new baby or a twin size bed!
This chart includes 8 typical quilt sizes: crib, baby, lap, throw, twin, double/full, queen and king.
Quilt Sizes Dimensions
- Baby 30″ x 40″, or a range of 30-40″ x 40-50″
- Crib 36″ x 54″, or a range of 36-45″ x 45-54″
- Lap 45″ x 45″, or a range of 40-60″ x 40-60″
- Throw 54″ x 64″, or a range of 54-60″ x 64-76″
- Twin 70″ x 90″, or a range of 64-80″ x 80-100″
- Full/Double 80″ x 90″, or a range of 70-85″ x 84-100″
- Queen 90″ x 108″, or a range of 76-90″ x 90-110″
- King 110″ x 108″, or a range of 90-120″ x 90-110″
Standard Quilt Sizes Printable Chart
This quilt measurement chart is a PDF file that you can download and keep handy! Put it in your quilt binder or on the wall near your machine.
There are two different files available, one has a standard size plus a range. The other is a cute graphic that just shows the standard quilt size. These charts will download together as a PDF file. Click the purple button below, enter your email address and then check your email to download! (It may take a few minutes to deliver!)
Mattress Size Measurements
If you want to make sure your quilt hangs over the bed how you want, check your quilt size against these mattress size measurements.
- Crib, 28″ x 52″
- Twin, 38″ x 75″
- Twin XL, 38″ x 80″
- Full/Double, 54″ x 74″
- Queen, 60″ x 80″
- King, 76″ x 80″
- California King, 72″ x 84″