If you are looking for quilt patterns, look no further! Here are 50 modern quilts to sew!
In this post you will find easy quilt patterns for beginners to advanced quilt patterns for experienced quilters! These tutorials are all PDF downloads! Lots of options from block quilts, one patch quilts, template quilts and beyond!
50 Quilt Patterns to Sew
1. The Farmhouse Quilt Pattern
The Farmhouse Quilt Pattern is a gorgeous modern quilt featuring lots of stars! Read more here!
- 4 sizes
- Measurement based
2. The Happy Patch Quilt
The Happy Patch Quilt has two kinds of stars and is so fun to sew with a stack of Fat Quarters!
This one is also great for a patchwork Christmas quilt! These quilts are great fat quarter quilts and great for any skill level.
3. The Sheet Music Quilt – 50 Quilt Patterns
The perfect quilt for music lovers or band teachers! The Sheet Music Quilt is a template quilt!
4. Nebraska Fields Quilt Pattern
Use bold fabrics for this fun quilt pattern. This is a one size lap quilt pattern measuring about 50″ x 50″. Get the download below:
5. The Snowy Mountain Quilt Pattern
The mountains are calling! Sew this outdoorsy quilt with templates and an included SVG.
- 4 sizes included
- Included SVG: “The Mountains are Calling and I must go”
6. The Bow Quilt Pattern
The Bow Quilt Pattern is a really fun way to showcase favorite fabrics!
- 4 sizes: Baby, Lap, Throw (shown), Twin
- Template based quilt
- Fun to sew!
7. Stars and Stripes Picnic Quilt Pattern
A little twist on Stars and Stripes with this great pattern!
- Quick piecing method
- Measurement based quilt
- 4 sizes: Baby (30″ by 40″), Throw (50″ by 60″), Twin (60″ by 80″) and Picnic (80″ by 80″)
- Easy-to-follow, illustrated step-by-step instructions
8. The Ingrid Quilt Pattern
The Ingrid quilt is easy with step-by-step instructions! Grab your rotary cutter and mat for this geometric pattern!
9. The Mountain Town Quilt Pattern
Add the Mountain Town quilt to your list of holiday quilts to sew! This cute town features two kinds of trees, houses and a schoolhouse!
10. Christmas Presents Quilt Pattern with Appliqué
There is nothing cuter than brown paper packages all tied up with bows during the holidays! Use this block quilt pattern to make your own Christmas Presents Quilt – it’s the perfect couch throw!
11. Simple Stars Quilt Pattern
Simple but not boring! Stars are classic and quintessential!
- Want video instructions? Join Learn to Quilt!
- Finished size: 49″ by 62″
12. Come Into Bloom Quilt
Sew these little blooms into an adorable and bold quilt.
13. Spools Quilt Pattern
Every sewist needs this one on the wall!
14. Desert Diamond Quilt Pattern
The Desert Diamond quilt pattern features gorgeous mountains and is great for showcasing great prints!
15. The Linnea Quilt Pattern
The Linnea quilt is a medium throw size quilt measuring about 42″ by 51″. This one is so whimsical with lots of different colors!
16. The Silvia Quilt Pattern
The sweetest little pattern that is great for a baby gift but also includes 3 other sizes! This quilt is easy to straight line quilt yourself with batting and a backing!
17. Dog Ear Quilt Pattern
The Dog Ear Quilt is the best scrap buster you’ll find! You’ll use so much fabric on this one and it’s really fun sewing!
18. Herringbone HST Quilt Pattern
Half Square Triangles are the showcase of this easy quilt!
19. Color Test Quilt Pattern
The Color Test Quilt is super easy! This is a great afternoon project quilt and great for fabric collections.
20. The Sigrid Squares Quilt Pattern
The Sigrid Squares Quilt Pattern is a good one for fat quarter bundles! Grab your ruler and a fabric marker for this one!
21. The Plaid Ribbon Quilt Pattern
Wrapping ribbons and a plaid design give this quilt so much movement!
22. Quad Quilt Pattern
So mod and so QUAD! Make this quad quilt pattern with lots of favorites!
- Four sizes: Baby, Lap, Throw and Twin
- Measurements (no templates)
- Easy step-by-step instructions
23. The Maeve Quilt Pattern
The Maeve Quilt is a gorgeous and sweet quilt pattern! Comes in 4 sizes.
24. Heirloom Grid Quilt Pattern
This windowpane plaid is great home decor!
25. One-Patch Heart Quilt
You’ll never believe this quilt is made entirely of fabric squares! the One-Patch Heart quilt is one of the best beginner quilt patterns because it’s easy and adorable! Simple shapes are easy for a beginning quilter.
26. Valley Star Quilt Pattern
The sweetest patch quilt!
27. The Basketcase Quilt Pattern
Detailed instructions make the Basketcase Quilt an easy sew! Use scraps for the tiny fabric pieces!
28. The Jade Quilt Pattern
Quilters of all skill levels will enjoy the Jade Quilt! Use your own fabrics to create this beautiful quilt top with space for fussy cutting cute prints!
29. The Banff Quilt Pattern
This compass inspired quilt is great for modern decor.
30. Quilt Patterns – The Granny Square Quilt Pattern
A crochet inspired quilt!
31. The Kitty Committee Quilt Pattern
Stars and cats – what could be better?
32. Christmas House Advent Quilt
Sew this cute wall quilt and then attach a wreath for each day counting down to Christmas.
33. Modern Quilt Patterns – The Thea Quilt
The Thea Quilt is super modern with zig zag stripes and bold colors!
34. The Pickleball Quilt Pattern
Sew the Pickleball Quilt for anyone with a dinking problem! This quilt features paddles all over – it’s a big dill!
35. Quilting Patterns – The Inga Quilt Pattern
The Inga quilt is subtle and bold at the same time! Throw size: approximately 50.5″ by 53.5″
36. The Geo Scrap Quilt Pattern
Gather your scraps and sort them by color for this simple quilt!
37. The On Point Quilt Pattern
The On Point quilt is an awesome wall decoration!
38. The Doily Square Quilt Pattern
The Doily Square quilt has crochet doily vibes with little pops of color throughout. This fun quilt features Ohio Star blocks and lots of half square triangles! Sew in a large throw or twin size.
- 12-page PDF Pattern
- Measurement based (no templates)
- Throw size (67.5″ by 67.5″) or Twin size (67.5″ by 94.5″)
39. 50+ Quilt Patterns – Triangle Showcase Quilt Pattern
Create a gallery of your favorite fabric scraps with this framed triangle quilt!
40. The Sew Square Quilt Pattern
A square in a square in a square! This quilt is SEW Square! The Sew Square quilt is simple to sew and uses lots of little fabric pieces for a versatile quilt in 4 size options! Great scrap buster project!
- 14-page PDF file
- Includes four sizes: baby, lap, throw and twin
- Measurement based pattern (no templates!)
- Easy to sew!
41. Throwing Darts Quilt Pattern
A bold quilt with large scale darts! Read more about the Throwing Darts Quilt.
42. The Subway Tile Quilt Pattern
This simple Subway Tile quilt is made entirely of rectangles! It’s quick to sew when you cut fabric strips to make it!
43. Modern Arrows Quilt Pattern
The Modern Arrows quilt is a colorful, modern block quilt made from templates! This pattern includes 4 sizes from baby to twin!
- 13 page PDF file in full color
- Print from home! Formatted for 8.5″ by 11″ or A4 paper
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions
- 4 sizes: Crib, Baby, Throw and Twin!
- Coloring page for designing your quilt!
44. Modern Quilt Appliqué Lip Quilt Pattern
Say MUAH! This lip applique quilt is fun to make and will highlight your favorite fabrics! This lap size quilt finishes approx 44″ by 54″.
45. The Summer Camp Quilt Pattern
The Summer Camp quilt is perfect for long summer nights!
46. Quilter Patterns – Two-Hour HST Pattern
Got 2 hours? Make this super fast Half Square Triangle Quilt!
47. Hearts & Darts Quilt Pattern
Hearts and darts make this quilt fashion forward!
48. The Americana Quilt Pattern
This patriotic quilt is so fun to make! Read about the Americana Quilt here.
49. The Little Star Baby Quilt
This sweet quilt is a quick sew! Read more about it in this post!
50. Sunny Days Ahead Quilt
The Sunny Days Ahead quilt is the happiest quilt around!
51. The Scrappy Grid Quilt Pattern
Use large scraps to make this gorgeous grid quilt!